Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to upgrade from Community Version to Enterprise Version. What are the changes?
- How do I transfer files from one user to another?
- How do I deal with problems caused by using self-signed SSL certificates?
- I’m the admin and I lost my password! What do I do now!
- What is a Federated System?
- Platform-wide known limitations, excluded files
In ownCloud Enterprise you will get access to new apps and features, mainly targeted towards enterprises; apps and features that ensure security, for example.
You can upgrade to the Enterprise version without concern, as your existing files, shares, and users remain as they are.
A Federated System is another ownCloud or OpenCloudMesh supporting cloud service.
There are known file names that can not be synced with ownCloud, these are:
Folders and files with a trailing space.
File names that exceed 253 characters.
Desktop.ini in the root directory.
UNIX/Linux hidden files (files whose names have a leading dot, e.g.,
.12345.pdf). Users must activate "sync hidden files" to sync them.