Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to upgrade from Community Version to Enterprise Version. What are the changes?
- How do I transfer files from one user to another?
- How do I deal with problems caused by using self-signed SSL certificates?
- I’m the admin and I lost my password! What do I do now!
- What is a Federated System?
- Platform-wide known limitations, excluded files
In ownCloud Enterprise you will get access to new apps and features, mainly targeted towards enterprises; apps and features that ensure security, for example.
You can upgrade to the Enterprise version without concern, as your existing files, shares, and users remain as they are.
See the security section of the OCC command.
See the reset admin password documentation.
A Federated System is another ownCloud or OpenCloudMesh supporting cloud service.
There are known file names that can not be synced with ownCloud, these are:
Folders and files with a trailing space.
File names that exceed 253 characters.
Desktop.ini in the root directory.
UNIX/Linux hidden files (files whose names have a leading dot, e.g.,
.12345.pdf). Users must activate "sync hidden files" to sync them.